12 May Listen In: Career Pivot! Why the Job for Life Has Disappeared.
“The job for life has disappeared. With the pace of technology and the pace of change, you’ll have multiple career pivots throughout your life….”
Tune in to Beyond the Blue Badge, a podcast series produced by the Microsoft Alumni Network, featuring RedCloud’s Managing Partner Brett Alston with host Laura Peopping as they take listeners through tips on making successful career pivots to adapt to the times and needs of today.
In 2020 and beyond, we’re certain the changing business landscape – including the far-reaching economic impacts of COVID-19 – will have many pursuing open jobs and seeking their own pivot.
Listen to the full podcast below to hear details on Brett’s top pivot tips:
- Decide what’s really important to you
- Build a relationship with a mentor
- Keep growing, learning, and adding to your skill set
- Be Self-Reflective: Know what you’re good at to set yourself up for success
- Own your experiences
- Focus on recency, frequency, and relevancy- Don’t live in the past
- Be realistic with negotiations
- Follow up
- Be brave and embrace change- Great opportunities can come from pivots